Acre is one of the most ancient port cities in the world, and its history goes back as far as the Bronze Age. For centuries, the city was overtaken by one dominion and then another, as warriors found it a strategic point of entry from which to conquer the land of Israel. Acre reached the height of its development in the 13th century, when it served as the capital of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem. The most impressive remains found in the city date from this period, as well as from the Ottoman era, when Acre served as the major port city of the area. In the 19th century, the prominence of the city of Acre began a steady decline, as Haifa became the major port city in Israel. Continue reading
In my capacity as the UK Director of Operations for One World Tours Limited, I am often asked about the destinations I have been to so that is why I try to give a good opinion on those places I have visited. Here then, are my top suggestions for sites to take in during your holiday in Israel.
As with many of the other destinations in the world, Israel is not unique with it’s variety of diverse attractions from the Desert and the saltiest sea on earth, the Dead Sea to the snow covered peaks of Mount Hermon. It only takes a few hours to experience the extreme differences.
Israel offers some very unique attractions that are suitable for all the whole family. A must is Jerusalem’s Time Elevator, the new Kings City in Eilat, Mini Israel, and the Haganah Museum to name but a few.
A few of Israel’s historical places have earned the right to be members on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Jerusalem also known as the “City of Gold” is one of those places which as a place is very religious and historical. This sacred place is located high in the Judean Hills, and is the Capital of Israel. It is a city which embraces the ancient with the modern, it is both holy and secular and displays pure natural beauty and stunning architecture which together creates a wonderful experience for the senses.
With it’s magnificent golden limestone and stunning scenery it is hardly surprising that it has earned the name of the City of Gold.
Because of Tel Aviv’s Mediterranean location you can experience the amazing beach life, which is not the first thing that springs to mind when planning a trip to these sacred lands, if you know what I mean? For other beaches there is Ashkelon’s and the Caesarea beach equally beautiful and offering something new to see.
Nazareth is the largest Arab city in Israel where the Christians and half Moslems live together harmoniously. It is one of the most important Christian holy sites in the world and this is why it has become a haven for Christians and pilgrims around the world. The stunningly beautiful Churches and Monasteries are places of tranquillity and peace that even those of you who are not religious will not fail to notice.
Another popular and famous destination for Christians is Galilee because it is believed to be where Jesus spent much of his life and performed many of his miracles.
Galilee is one of the greener regions as in the spring the valleys become an array of colourful wild flowers and trees that are full of bloom.
Bethlehem is considered the most important Christian Holy place due to the belief that Jesus Christ was born here and is situated five and half miles from Jerusalem. Millions of Christians have travelled to Bethlehem over the years to deepen their faith.
Nowhere else in the world will you find a place such as the Living Dead Sea. People from all walks of life and nationalities flock here to receive healing from the natural resources. Considering the climate, 330 days a year of sun, and the mineral qualities, predominantly sulphur, that are found here means that it is the ideal place for therapeutic treatments. All this combined with the amazingly dry air which cleanses the respiratory system adds to the whole experience. More famously the Dead Sea is known for its ability to cradle you in a reclining position with the security of knowing that you are not going to sink beneath its waters.
Semarang is beautiful city surrounded by beautiful hills, valleys and rice fields. This is one of the popular cities of Indonesia and the capital of the central Java Province. Being an important port, this city serve as an important commercial center. The gaining popularity of this city has led to the construction of a large number of hotels in Semarang, so that the guests can enjoy a comfortable vacation in the city.
How to reach Semarang
Semarang is well-connected with other destinations via Ahmad Yani International Airport located close to the city centre. International tourists can arrive at this city by catching a flight available on daily basis from any major city in Indonesia. Many airlines offer daily flights to Jakarta from this city on regular basis. Besides domestic flights, Garuda Indonesia airline also offers flights to Singapore four times a week. The city is also well connected to Jakarta, Bandung and Surabaya by train and offer good links via roads. It takes about 10 to 12 hours by car from Jakarta.
Attractions in Semarang
There are many interesting places in and around Semarang that must be visited. Jepara is a beautiful small village towards the northeast of Semarang. This village is popular for its stunningly beautiful beaches and a Portuguese Fort. Kudus and Demak are two other attractions that can be seen on the way to Jepara. Semarang is a metropolis and feature influences of colonial Dutch era in its buildings and structures. Watching the traditional Wajang puppet performance is another interesting activity to enjoy in the city.
There are a number of different accommodation options available in the city. There are different hotels, lodges, resorts and apartments offering good facilities and a choice to choose the best hotel. Travelers seeking budget accommodation can stay at cheap hotels with good amenities. Families and couples can choose the luxury hotels and resorts and different budget accommodations. You can book a hotels in Semarang with the help of the online Internet reservation facility. You can directly visit the official website of the hotel or use any other reliable website for booking.
Of all the Jewish holidays celebrated throughout the year, Shavuot is one of the most interesting, varied, and disputed holidays. Shavuot falls on the 6th day of the Jewish month of Sivan, which usually occurs in late May or early June. The holiday officially commemorates the day that God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai.
According to Legend, King David was born and died on the holy day of Shavuot. Some Jews will celebrate it with a trek to Jerusalem for a day of solemn prayer. Jewish people living in Israel generally only celebrate Shavuot for one day, but those who live outside Israel will often hold two-day Shavuot celebrations.
Shavuot is also connected with the grain harvest season. In Israel, barley is typically harvested around the time of Passover, and the wheat harvest falls around the time of Shavuot. Jewish people typically honor Shavuot by eating a lot of dairy food. One explanation for this is that prior to Moses receiving the commandments from God, the Jews had no instruction on how to properly prepare animal meat for consumption. Cheese Blintzes, Cheesecake, and other cheese items are often eaten on Shavuot. Continue reading
The historical city of Paris Van Java Bandung has become not only a top holiday destination but with the growth of businesses in the city, its now also a business travel destination. For business travelers who are planning to travel to Bandung in Luxury, here some info to help your trip better
Luxury Car Rental in Bandung
Right now there are hundreds of company in Bandung offering a luxury car rental. BlueBird, a leading transportation company in Indonesia has a product called Golden Bird where you can rent limousine to travel in the city or outside the city. The services are completed with experienced driver who are not only good in driving but understand the city.
Luxury Hotel in Bandung
Bandung has a wide selection of luxury hotels. Hyatt Regency is one of Bandung top 5 stars hotel. The hotel offers a luxury hotel room and hotel services. The hotel is also completed with facilities for an enjoyable stay in Bandung.
Luxury Restaurant in Bandung
Bandung is well known for its delicious food. The city has many luxury restaurant where you can enjoy awesomely cooked food from professional chefs.
Here are some of the choice
– The Peak
– House du Chocolait
– The Valley
– The View
Bandung has everything to offer for your luxury business travel.
There are times when the trivialities of daily life pose out to be a little overbearing. At these moments, all you need is a time off from your busy schedule and let your spirit fly free across the boundaries of your mind.
Tel Aviv is one such place that beckons travelers to have a sip of its self indulging lifestyle. Studded with beautiful high rise buildings, breadth taking beauty of the sea shore, Tel Aviv is undoubtedly one of the most popular holiday destinations among tourists. The city is a hub of city hangout offering luxurious shopping malls, night clubs, bars, theatres and the like. Tel Aviv is not just about splendid parties and glamorous shopping complexes. It has more to offer. The city is amply bestowed with rich culture, an aspect that is highly reflected in the pedestals of Yemen Falatel and Hakosem Falatel.
Just as the city is a destination of tourists, it also offers luxury rental apartments where the tired travelers can find an abode of peace. luxury apartments, Tel Aviv are designed keeping in mind the various needs of its residents Continue reading
Most biblical attractions are located in Israel, which is also referred to as the Holy Land. It is in this land that our Lord Jesus Christ was born. The following are some of the most attractive sites related to the holy Bible.
1. The Church of Navity located in Bethlehem is a holy Christian site, which marks the traditional birth of Christ. According to Gospels of Mathew and Luke, Jesus was born in a Manger. Joseph and Mary had freed from Nazareth because King Herod had threatened to kill every first-born boy of the family. The birth place at the center of the church has a big star which marks the exact birth place. Visitors from all corners of the world tour this site to witness and kiss the place Christ was born.
2. Church of the Loaves and Fishes located on the north-western shores of the sea of Galilee is a must visit. The original church was built in BC 350 but it was later reconstructed. This modern Catholic church was built to preserve and mark the traditional stone where the miracle of the five loves and two fish was performed. An altar is built on the stone on which the breads and the two fish were laid. People who tour this site take home small pieces of stone which they believe will bring them prosperity.
3. Bethany in Jerusalem is a Muslim and Christian village located Southeast of Mt. Olive. It is in this village that Lazarus was raised from the dead. The book of John 11:38-44 tells how Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead. The tomb of Lazarus is the major attraction on this site. There is a modern church built near the tomb in the memory of Lazarus. Luke 24:50 says that Jesus ascended to heaven near Bethany.
4. The Last Supper Room in Jerusalem is believed to stand over or near the original place of the last supper. This room is a second-story room built to commemorate the last supper. The Last Supper Room is built over the tomb of David near Mt. Zion. The small church built on Mt. Zion in 130 AD is believed to have been built in this site.
5. Mount Tabor, which is 500 meters high is located near Jezeel valley. According to Mathew 17:1-9, the transfiguration took place on this mountain. Jesus had gone to the mountain for prayers accompanied by John and James. While in the mountain, He was transfigured and His face shone like the sun and the clothes turned white. Moses and Elijah appeared and they begun talking with Jesus. Suddenly, a white cloud from heaven covered them and a voice said,”This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” there are several churches built on this mountain such as, Church Of The Transfiguration, Church Of St.Elius and Church of St Melchizedek.
6. Nazareth is of great importance to the people of Israel. Jesus spent most of his childhood in Nazareth. There are many religious churches in the city such as, Orthodox Church, Mensa Christ Church, White mosque and the Church of Annunciation. The Nazareth market is another attraction where you can shop and take beautiful things at home.
7. Mount Nebo is another sacred place. It was on this mountain that Moses saw the promised land. It is believed that his grave is on this mountain. Other attractions include Caesarea, Mount Olive, Jaffa Gate and Mary’s Well.